The project entrusted to Sfrido involved the research, analysis and evaluation of recovered material for a particular production process in the rubber industry. It was requested by a leading Italian company.
The company’s aim was to test the possibility of substituting or integrating a new secondary or recovered material into its production process. The aim was that this new material could serve as a new element for the company’s products.
Project steps for the integration of a new second material for rubber
During the Circular Procurement project, Sfridoo provided:
- Carrying out an in-depth analysis of the industrial process, by means of factory visits and technical discussions with R&D, production and the commercial area;
- Search for alternative solutions through critical analysis of scientific literature and competitor products;
- Develop opportunities in close contact with the company’s R&D department;
- Determine a pool of matrices containing the substances sought;
- Search for matrices in the country and prepare samples for laboratory tests.
What were the results obtained?
- The company was able to transform a product made from virgin material into a sustainable product. This was possible through an innovative, tested procurement process with solid and enforced regulatory support.
- The customer, entrusting Sfridoo with the complete project, found itself with: analysis, evaluations, surveys, research of interested companies and ready delivery.
- This made it possible to obtain products derived from recovered matrices. The company was then able to certify new sustainable and circular business lines through recognised labels (CAM – Minimum Environmental Criteria).